Providing quality care to people living with HIV/AIDS is the mission of the Ryan White program. Most Ryan White clinics use a multidisciplinary team approach where clinicians (e.g., physicians, nurses, physicians assistants) work with other staff and consumers to ensure that patients receive care and support. The resources on this website, and the support provided by HRSA training and technical assistance, can help clinicians keep abreast of complex and evolving standards in order to provide high quality care to their patients.
Topics for clinicians
- Medical Services - outpatient medical care, antiretroviral therapy, adherence, substance abuse, mental health, pediatrics, hepatitis, TB, testing, prevention, oral health, and other important topics in providing clinical care.
- Support Services - include housing support and other essential "wrap-around" programs that enhance the delivery of medical care. Case management services, including medical case management, help bring it all together.
- Quality Management - HRSA's standards and tools and resources to measure and improve performance.
- Cultural Competency, and Population-specific Resources - the insights and models listed in this area will help providers to tailor programs that are supportive of their patient populations.
- HIV Care Continuum - learn about proven, and exploratory, strategies to link patients to services and keep them in care.
Guidelines and Manuals
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)September 2017
Performance measures to help Ryan White HIV/AIDS programs monitor and improve the quality of care they deliver.
U.S. Department of Health and Human ServicesMarch 2017
Federal guidelines for treatment, prevention and care of HIV disease and opportunistic infections.
Webinars and Training
AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)July 2014
Table that links HAB's performance indicators to an array of clinician training resources developed by HRSA programs, including the AETC Network, providing a starting point for faculty as they develop trainings around these indicators.
Clinician Consultation CenterFebruary 2018
This AETC clinical training program provides expert clinical consultation in HIV/AIDS care, prevention and treatment.
AETC National Coordinating Resource Center (NCRC)January 2017
Clinical education/training resources and patient education materials on a range of HIV clinical care and clinical management topics.
HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau (HAB)October 2015This project traces the history of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, the largest federal program focused on HIV/AIDS care, featuring a timeline, the legislation, video and audio insights and more.